Hi, I am Patricia Casas
Science + Education + Creation
- Dietitian-Nutritionist (CAT001548 collegiate number) and Food Technology Technologist from the University of Barcelona
- Doctor of Nutrition and Metabolism at the Rovira i Virgili University
- Certificate of Pedagogical Aptitude by the University of Lleida
In constant creation …
My career in the world of research in the field of food and health has allowed me to work and collaborate in different national institutions and universities (University of Barcelona, IMDEA-Food Institute, Hospital Clínic-IDIBAPS, University Rovira i Virgili) and international (Tufts University in the USA or University of Plymouth in UK).
After the doctoral thesis I got a Marie Curie Outgoing Fellowship, one of the most prestigious and competitive scholarships on a European level. This allowed me to make a dream come true, I moved to Boston (Massachusetts, USA) to investigate for two years at Tufts University, one of the most prestigious universities in the city. During this time I realized that my research was enriching and fortifying if it was able to bring it in a practical and fun way to society and its needs.
It was then, when, together with some friends and colleagues, we created a series of culinary and cultural experiences in which we made sustainable transitions of traditional recipes in our countries of origin, incorporating science, art, creativity, gastronomic culture and socialization. We noticed that this combination, which we called Picapica&Health, improved our health and fostered our creativity.
Eating Creative Science is born from this experience, with the aim of bringing science closer to society through innovative learning tools and activities where art and culture also play a key role. A thrilling project to improve eating habits and / or learning techniques and to promote health, creativity and sustainability.
Experience and teaching
From 2005 until today I have done research and taught in different universities, scientific institutions, and professional associations, among them:
Participation in innovative initiatives
- Presentation of the Challenge in Nutrition at Innovation Day 2018 in Barcelona How to tackle malnutrition in developed countries?
- Presentation of the workshop at CONNECT 2018 in Budapest: Food Art Therapy
- Coordination and implementation of the multidisciplinary program for the treatment of overweight and obesity in the company. Nestlé S.A. Esplugues de Llobregat (Barcelona). This program obtained the 18th Prize for the best work in occupational health (Catalan Society of Occupational Safety and Health and Universal Mutual Foundation), 2007